Tier Tech International, Inc. is hiring for an Information Technology Specialist II (ITS-II) [Mid-Level] as a direct report to the Corporate Information Technology Department. As an Information Technology Specialist II (ITS-II), you will be challenged to work on a wide range of technologies, from VDI Infrastructure, Virtual Servers, Cyber Security and Compliance, Project Management, to Systems Engineering. You will be responsible for responding to internal support requests, at both the desktop level and for internal projects. Additionally, you will participate in cyber security activities, implementing compliance controls, performing audits, and vulnerability management.
As a key member of a small IT team, you will have the opportunity to make a real impact, gain or further your experience with modern cloud-based technologies while supporting a remote-first workforce.
You will be expected to seek out information and provide solutions without significant direction.
The selected candidate will provide end user support for hardware and software, support Cyber Security efforts, perform System Engineering tasks, and assist with Daily Operations of the IT Department. The selected candidate can expect the opportunity to grow their skill sets in various areas, such as: Cloud Platforms, Microsoft 365 Government and Azure Government Ecosystem, Microsoft Power Platform, and exposure to Cyber Security, and Cloud-based Services.
While there is no on-call rotation, you will be expected occasionally perform after hours work as needed to assist in after-hours emergencies, cyber security response efforts, patching, and other requirements as they arise.
Please review the following position requirements, prior to applying for this position.
- Security Clearance: DoD Secret, DoD Top Secret (Preferred)
- Education: Bachelors Degree (IT Field) OR 6+ Years of Equivalent Experience
- IT Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+, ITIL (Preferred), M365 Administrator Expert (Preferred),
Azure Administrator Associate (Preferred)
The following task will be performed throughout your typical day and will vary based on priorities.
- Provide Tier I and Tier II End User Support (Workstation, Mobile, Software)
- Assist Processing Vendor RMA Requests, Warranty Support Administration, and Asset Tracking
- Perform Entra Identity Platform (Azure Active Directory) Platform Administration
- Review Security Logs, Reports, Alerts, and Email Quarantine
- Manage and Resolve Incidents via Internal ITSM Solutions and 3rd Party Vendor Systems
- Assist with developing internal documentation, policies, and procedures
- Review and analyze vulnerabilities as they relate to our infrastructure
- Assist with Infrastructure Change Requests and Engineering Efforts
- Other Duties as Assigned
The following skills are required for this position.
- In-depth understanding and experience of the Microsoft 365 Platform (GCC High Preferred)
- In-depth understanding and experience of the Azure Government Platform Ecosystem
- Experience with collaboration between both internal and external partners (B2B Collaboration)
- Competency to lead technical projects between both internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Willingness to perform tasks in a fast pace and at times high pressure environment
- Requirement to perform tasks outside normal business hours (e.g. Patching, Outages, Security)
- Operating Systems: Windows and macOS Operating Systems
- Mobile Devices: Android and iOS Mobile Operating Systems
- Cloud Platforms: Microsoft 365 Government and Azure Government Ecosystem
- Desktop Applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Project, Visio
- Microsoft 365 Applications: Microsoft Teams, Planner, SharePoint
Desired Experience and Skills
The following expierence and skills are desired for this position.
- Familiar with PowerShell, Bash, KQL, and or related technologies
- Familiar with the DoD Cyber Security Maturity Model Certification (CMMC)
- Familiar with NIST Special Publications (SP); such as NIST 800-171, 800-52, and 800-53
- Understanding of Server and Desktop Virtualization Technologies
- Basic understanding of Linux based Operating Systems (Ubuntu, RedHat, Kali)